Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Are you proud of your smile, or are you embarrassed by it? If you’re embarrassed by your teeth, there is help. At Lovett Dental Webster, our orthodontists in Webster, Texas, can give you dental braces, whether you’re ten years old or 35 years old.
At Lovett Dental Webster, we’re proud to provide the best possible dental care for our patients. Whether you require orthodontic services, a dental cleaning, or another treatment, we’re happy to provide it for you. If you’re ready to enhance your smile and become more confident, contact us today at 832-932-5584.
How Do Dental Braces Work?
The principle of braces is essentially the same, no matter what type of braces you want. Braces slowly shift your teeth into the ideal position. There may be some soreness after your braces are adjusted. Some people find that they can manage the pain through over-the-counter pain relievers, such as iBprophin or Tylenol.
Lovett Dental Webster provides dental braces to Webster, Texas communities. During the period where you wear your braces, we regularly assess and make adjustments to them. When your teeth have shifted into place for that perfect smile you’ve been waiting for, we will remove your braces. At that time, you’ll have a retainer to wear at night. The retainer ensures that your teeth stay in that position.
Dental braces offer a range of benefits, including:
- It’s easier to brush, floss, and manage your oral health.
- There’s less risk of grinding or chipping your teeth.
- Braces prevent periodontal disease.
- It gives the wearer an improved ability to chew and speak.
- Once the teeth are straightened, most people experience an increase in self-esteem.
To learn about the benefits of braces, please contact Lovett Dental Webster today.
What Types of Dental Braces Are Available?
There are various types of braces. When you talk to your dentist at Lovett Dental Webster, we can help you determine which kind of orthodontics suit your needs. We will start with a free consultation where you will learn about the options we offer. These include:
- Metal braces: These braces are the traditional braces you’ve probably seen in the movies. They are popular with children and teenagers because you can add multi-colored rubber bands to make your smile stand out.
- Clear braces: These braces are also called ceramic braces. This style is popular with older teens and adults because clear braces are not as visible to the people around you. However, though they are more visually appealing, they are also less durable and require more hygienic care.
- Fastbraces: Fastbraces are a faster option than traditional braces. They can straighten your teeth in just a few months, as opposed to the 18-36 month period that most braces usually require. Some people also say that Fastbraces are more comfortable than other braces.
- Clear plastic aligners: These smile aligners shift your teeth into place. They are not noticeable to others, and when you eat, you remove them to keep them clean. You must wear the aligners for at least 18 hours every day. When your teeth shift, your dentist will replace your aligners and move you closer to your perfect smile.
When you talk to us at your consultation, we will discuss these options and settle on which option makes the most sense for your situation. You can ask any questions or bring up whatever concerns you have. We want you to feel comfortable with whatever decision you make.
Reach Out to Lovett Dental Webster Today
Are you ready to start making strides towards the smile you’ve been waiting for all your life? If so, it’s time to think about dental braces. At Lovett Dental Webster, we walk you through each step during this process, from preparing for your braces to getting them off.
In addition to dental braces, we also offer a variety of other exceptional dental services, including:
- General dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Specialty dentistry
- Pediatric dentistry
- Teeth whitening
- Teeth cleaning
Whatever your dental needs are, Lovett Dental Webster can help. If you have questions about the dental braces process or about another service we provide, call Lovett Dental Webster at 832-932-5584, or contact us online today. Together, we can help you love your smile again.