Professional teeth whitening services at Lovett Dental Webster provide up to eight times whiter teeth in a short period of time. Your dentist performs this type of teeth whitening and successfully brightens your teeth, even when over-the-counter methods do not seem to work. With professional teeth whitening from Lovett Dental Webster, you also do not experience the inconvenience or sensitivity of at-home methods. Contact our team at 832-932-5584 to learn more about our teeth whitening services.
Steps of Teeth Whitening Services at Lovett Dental Webster
Your dentist relies on years of experience and vast knowledge of teeth whitening to brighten your teeth. For a trained professional, this procedure is not complex. But it requires an understanding of your oral health and the overall whitening process to safely deliver the results you want. Only your dentist knows how to avoid injuring your gums and causing long-term problems like tooth sensitivity.
The average teeth whitening services take between an hour and 90 minutes. This process includes several steps, such as:
- Recording the starting shade of your teeth
- Polishing your teeth with pumice to remove surface plaque
- Placing retractors or gauze into your mouth to keep teeth dry and tissues away from the whitening solution
- Positioning a gum barrier to protect from solution exposure
- Coating front surfaces of teeth with a whitening solution
- Optional curing of the peroxide using a light or laser
- Rinsing teeth after 60 to 90 minutes and applying fluoride, if necessary
Many people require several teeth whitening services to provide optimum results. You discuss your whitening goals and initial results with your dentist to gauge how many visits you need for the brightening you want.
For the first 24 hours after teeth whitening services, avoid foods and drinks with dark pigment. You should not take in coffee, tea, yellow mustard, tomato sauce, tomato juice, beets, candies, red wine, or black grapes. These can all stain your teeth or dim your initial results. The same is true of smoking or other tobacco products.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening in Houston TX provides many benefits for your smile, as compared to other methods of brightening your teeth. These advantages include a faster process, safety, less gum and tooth sensitivity, and better overall results.
Our teeth whitening services also provide a range of benefits to the user. For example, some of the benefits of our services include:
- Faster results: If you choose to only use a toothpaste that claims to lighten your teeth or an over-the-counter option, you may find that you’re waiting days, weeks, or months for results. Many of these treatment options lighten your teeth over a period of two weeks or more. In some cases, you may have to wait up to two months. Alternatively, professional teeth whitenings are effective after just an hour and a half.
- Individualized treatment: Your teeth aren’t like anyone else’s, but when you use over-the-counter options, they may not fit well. As a result, you can suffer discomfort and dissatisfaction with the results. We’ll tailor your treatment to your teeth, so you get results with comfort and ease.
- Noticeable results: When you work with our team, you’ll see your teeth go from dingy yellow to sparkling white. Over-the-counter options may only lighten your teeth one or two shades.
- More comfortable treatment: The biggest issue of teeth whitening services was once gum and tooth sensitivity. But today’s professional whitening systems used by your dentist offer better control of the active ingredients. As a result, they do not soak into your teeth like gels of the past. Your Lovett Dental Webster professionals also use desensitizers like fluoride and potassium nitrate to reduce tooth sensitivity as part of whitening.
To learn whether teeth whitening services can benefit you, please reach out to Lovett Dental Webster today at 832-932-5584.
Professional At-Home Kits as an Alternative to In-Office Teeth Whitening
If you prefer to whiten your teeth at home, your dentist offers at-home kits. These professional kits safely whiten your teeth and also provide better results than over-the-counter versions. The kits include custom-fitted trays in which you place a peroxide solution. You wear the tray for an hour each day over the course of about two weeks.
At-home teeth whitening services cost less than in-office professional whitening. This makes this option a practical choice for many people. Of course, some stains require professional whitening in-office. However, you can better understand your potential results using either method by talking to your dentist.
The Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening services at Lovett Dental Webster certainly provide many benefits. These benefits include higher self-confidence, a more youthful appearance, and a certain social magnetism created by a bright, white smile. You look healthier with a whiter smile and notice changes in your interactions with others from the start. People may begin to think that you’re more successful or that you take excellent care of your health.
Reach Out to Lovett Dental Webster Today
Everyone at Lovett Dental Webster wants to help you love your smile. To reach your smile goals, we provide a wide range of services as a multidisciplinary dental practice. These services include:
- General dentistry
- Pediatric dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Oral surgery
Talk to your Lovett Dental Webster dentist about our professional teeth whitening services today. In only one visit, you start seeing the brighter, whiter smile you want when you look in the mirror. Schedule your next visit by calling us at 832-932-5584 or by contacting us online.