When a person is missing a single natural tooth, replacing that tooth is essential in maintaining overall dental health. A tooth implant may be the best option. This dental appliance is a long-term solution that can significantly improve your smile and provide improved chewing and speech for some. At Lovett Dental Webster, we offer comprehensive dental implant services capable of restoring a smile and improving confidence with it. To learn more about our services, please contact Lovett Dental Webster at 832-932-5584.
Replacing a Lost Tooth with a Single Tooth Implant
One of the most permanent solutions for replacing a lost tooth is to use a single tooth implant. The dentist places the implant into the jawbone and adds a crown to the top of the structure. This structure creates a natural-looking tooth that can also be very strong and reliable for years to come. If a person has lost a tooth due to an accident, decay, or for most other reasons, this can be an excellent choice.
Why Choose a Tooth Implant Over Other Options?
There are other ways to replace a missing tooth. For example, it may be possible to use a crown held in place by a bridge. The bridge connects to the two teeth on the opposite side. However, there are a few key reasons why implants may be a better option for many:
- Implants create a more permanent solution. They can last for several decades if maintained properly.
- The use of a dental implant creates a very strong tooth. That’s because the implant itself is placed into the jawbone, allowing bone to grow around it. That improves bite quality.
- They look natural. A cosmetic dentist can also enhance the investment in implants to ensure the coloring matches the rest of the smile.
- Dental implants can work to shore up the open space left by the lost natural tooth. This can reduce the risk of crowding and other complications brought on as a result of the gap.
- For those struggling with chewing or speech due to the lost tooth, an implant can fix this.
To learn if you’re a viable candidate for implants, please reach out to Lovett Dental Webster today at 832-932-5584.
Who Can Use These Dental Implant Options?
Most people qualify for a dental implant if they have a missing tooth. However, this is an invasive procedure with some risks. For that reason, your dentist is likely to run tests to determine if a person’s oral health is good. Some people need bone to move from another area of their body to the jawbone if that jawbone is weak due to periodontal disease. This can extend the time the procedure takes to heal.
If a person has lost several teeth next to each other, such as tooth decay, it may be possible to use a single tooth implant to support more than one crown. This is dependent on other factors in the mouth, including the overall structure and health.
Call Lovett Dental Webster for an Appointment
If you have a lost tooth, schedule a consultation with a dental implant specialist to find out if this is a viable option for your needs. For many, it can be the best way to create a long-lasting, natural smile.
You may also need to work with other dental providers to ensure your oral health is the best it can be before going into this type of procedure. At Lovett Dental Webster, we offer all of the services you may need at one location, such as:
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Oral surgeon services
- Restorative dentistry services
- Periodontal disease treatment services
Improve your smile with a new tooth implant. If you have a missing tooth, schedule a consultation with Lovett Dental Webster to learn more about your options. Our trusted team can offer a wide range of opportunities for you. Learn more when you call 832-932-5584 or connect with us online now.